Electrical Design Engineer - Wave Energy
Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, committed to make big impact. We are on a mission to bring reliable and competitive wave energy to the world. We offer a high degree of freedom and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global transition to renewable energy by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
We are looking for an ambitious person with relevant electrical engineering experience to join our international team in Stockholm. Do you want to take a key role in the development of wave energy?
- Engineering and design of low voltage power distribution system including protection functions, cable harness design, 3D cable routing
- Set requirements for cable, wiring and cabinet components, such as: circuit breakers, relays, cables, connectors, cable glands, enclosures, cable trays, etc.
- Deliver detailed design documentation including schematics, cable lists, bill of materials, assembly instructions, etc.
- Ensure design compatibility with industry standards from IEC, DNV and equivalent classifications
- Interface with different subsystem owners and mechanical 3D CAD designers
- Support failure mode, effects and criticality analysis
- Investigate new solutions to improve performance, reliability and manufacturability
- Establish optimal design to support industrialization and effective serial production
- Support assembly and testing activities in our assembly hall
- Support offshore installations
Skills and qualifications
- You may have a B.Sc or a M.Sc. degree in electrical engineering or related disciplines. Your personality, experience and interest in the field is most important
- You are proficient in English, both spoken and written
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in design of electrical systems for wind, marine or other industrial applications
- Strong skills in 3D CAD systems for cable routing
- Experience with 2D ECAD tools, preferably EPLAN
- Experience with instrumentation and signal wiring best practices
- Any experience with ethernet network architecture design is of interest to us
- Comfortable with working with standards from IEC, DNV and similar
As a person:
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and love to optimise your time
- You always search for the most simple and elegant solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach pioneering goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
- You are data driven and strive to always back your points with solid research
- You enjoy combining design work with hands on work to support assembly and testing
- Cpo teams
Why join us ?
To bring competitive wave energy technology to the world, unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of renewable energy by harnessing the natural power of the oceans.
To solve a challenge that no one else has cracked before, whilst tackling climate change and achieving a sustainable low-carbon future.
Team members are given a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. You will have the chance to face technical and commercial challenges that are complex to solve, cutting-edge and highly inspiring.
We try and encourage a fun and intellectually stimulating work environment here at CorPower Ocean. Throughout the journey we share the highs and lows together, which brings us all closer together !
We offer an attractive package including: competitive base salary, stock options , health & wellbeing support, pension plan, health insurance, and six weeks of paid vacation.
Join the Wave Technology revolution!
We are a dynamic, supportive, fun and a truly international team of more than 14 nationalities including industry experts, innovators, experienced interdisciplinary engineers and business professionals.
CPO strive to combine the best of world class knowledge from around the world with a true entrepreneurial spirit devoted to developing the best wave energy technology out there .
About CorPower Ocean
CorPower Ocean is a global leader in Wave Energy technology. The ocean forms one of the largest yet least explored renewable energy sources on earth. We bring a new class of high efficiency Wave Energy Converters (WECs) enabling robust and cost-effective harvesting of electricity from ocean waves. The design principle is inspired by the pumping principles of the human heart and offers five times more energy per ton of device compared to previously known technologies, allowing a large amount of energy to be harvested using a small and low-cost device. A unique transparent protection mode brings survivability in the toughest storm conditions. We are headquartered in Sweden with offices in Portugal, Scotland and Norway.
Electrical Design Engineer - Wave Energy
Loading application form