Strategic Sourcing Partner
Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, determined to make big impact. We are on a mission to bring reliable and competitive wave energy to the world. We offer a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global energy transition by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
With the fast-moving electrification in automotive and heavy-duty vehicle drive trains the supplier landscape opens new possibilities to optimize the power generation from the ocean waves.
We are looking for an ambitious person with knowledge and experience to lead the strategical sourcing of the coming generations of electrical drive train and battery technology to optimize performance vs cost. Do you want to take a key role in developing a global supply chain for clean, renewable wave energy?
- You will support the design team in design reviews where you are responsible for the input of sourcing aspects as manufacturing methods, cost, quality, logistics
- Your purchasing scope is focused on the electrical drive train and related components and sub-systems, including motors, drives, batteries, transformers, switchgear
- As a supply chain team member, you will support the entire product development and delivery process, throughout the full project scope when and where needed
- The role covers product delivery phases from design release, quotations, purchasing, delivery monitoring, FAT planning, incoming control and stock status
- You will be responsible for establishing and nurturing the relationship with key suppliers of electrical components and sub-systems
- You will control the supply chain towards time synchronized delivery to project schedule
- You will make cost calculations and run cost improvement projects together with suppliers
- New suppliers will be qualified according to supplier approval process and ISO9001 requirements
- Consider global sourcing, logistics and local content aspects as a natural part of all sourcing work
Skills and qualifications
You have at least three years working experience of strategical and operational purchasing/procurement work, with a degree in relevant discipline. You have experience from industrial machinery and electrical components, preferably for harsh environments, for instance from mining, marine applications or other sectors with similar requirements on design, materials, component certificates, manufacturing, reliability and maintenance optimization. We expect strong negotiations skills with experience from creating agreements and implementing supplier Terms & Conditions. Experience from advanced work in ERP systems is considered qualifying. You like to travel and work closely together with suppliers to optimize quality, lead-times and cost drivers. You are highly proficient in business English.
As a person:
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and hate to waste time
- You always search for the most simple and elegant solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach ambitious goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
- You are data driven and strive to always back your points with a solid analysis
- You like to travel and meet suppliers, and hold a driver license.
- Cpo teams
- SUPPLY CHAIN & QUALITY
Why join us ?
To bring competitive wave energy technology to the world, unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of renewable energy by harnessing the natural power of the oceans.
To solve a challenge that no one else has cracked before, whilst tackling climate change and achieving a sustainable low-carbon future.
Team members are given a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. You will have the chance to face technical and commercial challenges that are complex to solve, cutting-edge and highly inspiring.
We try and encourage a fun and intellectually stimulating work environment here at CorPower Ocean. Throughout the journey we share the highs and lows together, which brings us all closer together !
We offer an attractive package including: competitive base salary, stock options , health & wellbeing support, pension plan, health insurance, and six weeks of paid vacation.
Join the Wave Technology revolution!
We are a dynamic, supportive, fun and a truly international team of more than 14 nationalities including industry experts, innovators, experienced interdisciplinary engineers and business professionals.
CPO strive to combine the best of world class knowledge from around the world with a true entrepreneurial spirit devoted to developing the best wave energy technology out there .
About CorPower Ocean
CorPower Ocean is a global leader in Wave Energy technology. The ocean forms one of the largest yet least explored renewable energy sources on earth. We bring a new class of high efficiency Wave Energy Converters (WECs) enabling robust and cost-effective harvesting of electricity from ocean waves. The design principle is inspired by the pumping principles of the human heart and offers five times more energy per ton of device compared to previously known technologies, allowing a large amount of energy to be harvested using a small and low-cost device. A unique transparent protection mode brings survivability in the toughest storm conditions. We are headquartered in Sweden with offices in Portugal, Scotland and Norway.
Strategic Sourcing Partner
Loading application form