Medium Voltage Electrical Engineer - Wave Energy
Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, committed to make big impact. We are on a mission to bring reliable and competitive wave energy to the world. We offer a high degree of freedom and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global transition to renewable energy by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
We are looking for an ambitious person with relevant electrical engineering experience to join our international team in Stockholm. Do you want to take a key role in the development of wave energy?
- Module owner for medium voltage (MV) systems (6,6 - 66kV)
- Lead MV system design in the offshore wave energy converter and offshore/onshore electrical substations
- Specify requirements for MV switchgear and transformers; and lead technical component selection
- Implement protection coordination design – using in-house studies or external support
- Manage MV interfaces from the offshore wave energy converter up to grid connection point, including static and dynamic subsea cables, and their wet- and dry-mate connectors
- Set technical acceptance criteria for acceptance tests and evaluate supplier test procedures and results
- Produce relevant technical documentation, including reports for third-party certification
- Interface with other module owners to support implementation of requirements
- Perform failure mode, effects and criticality analysis for modules and system
- Manage your modules to meet performance, schedule and budget targets
- Investigate new solutions to improve performance, reliability and manufacturability
- Establish optimal design to support industrialization and effective serial production
- Support assembly and testing of modules in our assembly hall
- Support offshore installations
Skills and qualifications
- You may have a B.Sc. or a M.Sc. degree in electrical engineering or related disciplines. Your personality, experience and interest in the field is the most important
- You are proficient in English, both spoken and written
- You have a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in design of electrical systems for wind, marine or industrial applications. Any additional experience is highly valued.
- Experience in MV system design, specifically IEC 62271 compliance and transformer specifications
- Experience in subsea electrical system design, specifically on subsea cables and connectors
- Experience of MV design for DNV compliance e.g. DNV OS-D201, DNV ST-145, DNV ST-0076
- Familiarity with using protection relays for MV switchgear
- Experience with Swedish and European MV suppliers, including switchgear, transformers, cables, and subsea connector suppliers
- Experience in CAD system for electrical design
As a person:
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and love to optimise your time
- You always search for the most simple and elegant solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach pioneering goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
- You are data driven and strive to always back your points with a solid research
- You enjoy combining design work with hands on work to support assembly and testing
- Cpo teams
Why join us ?
To bring competitive wave energy technology to the world, unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of renewable energy by harnessing the natural power of the oceans.
To solve a challenge that no one else has cracked before, whilst tackling climate change and achieving a sustainable low-carbon future.
Team members are given a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. You will have the chance to face technical and commercial challenges that are complex to solve, cutting-edge and highly inspiring.
We try and encourage a fun and intellectually stimulating work environment here at CorPower Ocean. Throughout the journey we share the highs and lows together, which brings us all closer together !
We offer an attractive package including: competitive base salary, stock options , health & wellbeing support, pension plan, health insurance, and six weeks of paid vacation.
Join the Wave Technology revolution!
We are a dynamic, supportive, fun and a truly international team of more than 14 nationalities including industry experts, innovators, experienced interdisciplinary engineers and business professionals.
CPO strive to combine the best of world class knowledge from around the world with a true entrepreneurial spirit devoted to developing the best wave energy technology out there .
About CorPower Ocean
CorPower Ocean is a global leader in Wave Energy technology. The ocean forms one of the largest yet least explored renewable energy sources on earth. We bring a new class of high efficiency Wave Energy Converters (WECs) enabling robust and cost-effective harvesting of electricity from ocean waves. The design principle is inspired by the pumping principles of the human heart and offers five times more energy per ton of device compared to previously known technologies, allowing a large amount of energy to be harvested using a small and low-cost device. A unique transparent protection mode brings survivability in the toughest storm conditions. We are headquartered in Sweden with offices in Portugal, Scotland and Norway.
Medium Voltage Electrical Engineer - Wave Energy
Loading application form