Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, determined to make big impact. We are on a mission to bring reliable and competitive wave energy to the world. We offer a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global energy transition by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
We are looking for an ambitious person with some relevant experience in data management functions to work on our Human-Machine-Interface (HMI). In CorPower Ocean it is all about combining effective clean code with advanced mechanics and electronics into robust systems. You will develop web applications that allow operators to efficiently monitor and control the Wave Energy Convertors. Our bespoken HMI is based on industry standard libraries and designed to interact with Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems.
You will be part of a team which is responsible for development of software used for control and monitoring of our wave energy system. The team’s tasks span from time critical interactions with hardware to development of backend, frontend and databases. During different development phases, focus will shift from planning and specification to implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance. The software team works tightly together with other disciplines, such as e.g., electrical and mechanical engineers.
Your role will be focused on the web-based HMI part of the system, where intuitive interaction, stability and performance will be key. Tasks will range from creating UX designs, via implementation to automated testing.
- Good understanding of HTML, CSS (SCSS) and SVG
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu)
- UI/UX design
- Graphical design, creation of illustrations, icons and charts
- CI/CD (gitlab)
- API, RESTful services
You may have an advanced degree, but your personality, experience and interest in the field is the most important. You are proficient in English, both spoken and written.
As a person:
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and hate to waste time
- You always search for the most simple and elegant solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach ambitious goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
- You are data driven and strive to always back your points with a solid analysis