Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, determined to make big impact. We are on a mission to power the planet with clean energy from ocean waves. We offer a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global energy transition by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
We are looking for an ambitious person with relevant electrical engineering experience to join our international team. Do you want to take a key role in the development of wave energy?
- Work on the electrical instrumentation, automation and network systems within the Wave Energy Converters and the wave farm infrastructure, including control and network hardware, network configuration, emergency power system (e.g. UPS)
- Establish requirement specifications for systems and components, such as: sensors, actuators, network equipment, digital I/O, industrial PC/PLC, etc.
- Interface with module owners to support implementation of these requirement specifications
- Perform electrical system design work, produce single lines, detailed diagrams and technical documentation
- Support procurement activities
- Support assembly and testing
Skills and qualifications
- You have a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant background of developing instrumentation and automation systems for industrial applications, with a track record of successfully taking new products through planning, designing, manufacturing and commercialization.
- You may have a B.Sc or a M.Sc. degree in electrical engineering or related disciplines, but your personality, experience and interest in the field is the most important.
- You are proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Having worked with harsh environments such as offshore, mining or other challenging sectors is a plus.
As a person
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and hate to waste time
- You always search for the most simple and elegant solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach ambitious goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
- You are data driven and strive to always back your points with a solid analysis
We use Alva Labs tests as part of this recruiting process