Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, determined to make big impact. We are on a mission to power the planet with clean energy from ocean waves. We offer a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global energy transition by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
The Mechanical team in CorPower is looking for a senior mechanical design engineer experienced in subsea structures and industrial equipment design to take an important role in the development and optimisation of our innovative wave energy converters.
The role will be working closely with the mechanical design team but will involve a large amount of interaction with our entire engineering team, supply chain as well as integration and testing requiring good collaboration skills.
- Module owner of some of the Wave Energy Converter subsystems
- Design of mechanical structures and mechanism (from concept to release to production)
- Present and hold 3D model meetings with technical solutions
- Perform structural analysis (hand calculation and FEA) calculations
- Produce technical documentation for internal use and 3rd party verification and certification
- Perform failure mode, effects and criticality analysis for modules and system
- Manage your modules to meet performance, schedule and budget targets
- Investigate new solutions to improve performance, reliability or manufacturability
- Interface with requirement, supply chain, manufacturing and field-testing teams
- Support assembly, testing, and pilot installations in the field
Skills and Software
You have a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience from designing mechanical systems and industrial equipment. You have a broad technical knowledge and genuine interest in the different aspects of machinery and mechanical design. Knowledge of mooring, gear box technology, pneumatics, hydraulics, structural optimization, pressure vessel, fabrication, sensors, routings and/or electricity generation equipment is qualifying.
You have experience working with Solidworks, Ansys for structural analysis, PDM, Sharepoint, Monitor ERP.
If you have experience with equivalent software and willing to get up to speed this also qualify.
You may have a B.Sc or a M.Sc. degree in mechanical engineering or related disciplines, but your personality, experience and interest in the field is the most important. You are proficient in English, both spoken and written. Your personality, experience and interest in the field are the most important and what is most highly valued at CorPower.
As a person:
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and hate to waste time
- You always search for the most simple and elegant solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach ambitious goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
- You are data driven and strive to always back your points with a solid analysis
We use Alva Labs as part of this recruiting process.