Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, determined to make big impact. We are on a mission to bring reliable and competitive wave energy to the world. We offer a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global transition to renewable energy by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
The Project Office at CorPower is looking for a dynamic project engineer with a strong interest in electrical projects to join a fast-growing and successful team. The role requires the mindset of engineer first, project manager second, combining both these skills to deliver sound technical engineering projects with a simultaneous and solid application of project management principles. You will define and lead electrical engineering projects, which engage both internal and external resources and stakeholders.
This is a dynamic role where no day is the same and in which one must be comfortable reacting to a fast-paced environment where solutions must be found quickly through agile management, solid problem solving, good engineering judgement and strong leadership. The role will be working closely with the electrical design team but will involve a large amount of interaction with our entire engineering, supply chain, testing and finance teams requiring good collaboration skills.
The role will also involve commercial tasks for the company and promoting and communicating about wave technology. You will develop and write proposals for new projects to meet next stage company goals.
- Manage projects to meet performance, schedule, budget and quality targets
- Define and drive project scopes and work packages to align with the overall development of the company
- Combine engineering and project management needs
- Evaluate, organize and prioritize tasks and resources in your projects
- Ensure alignment between all stakeholders, serve the multidisciplinary engineering teams with status and schedule updates and project reports
- Identify and drive improvements in key Business Tools requiring a detailed understanding of our operations
- Submit Technical and Financial project status reports to funding bodies
- Write and coordinate new project applications
- Represent CorPower at various events/meetings/presentations (travelling is part of the role)
- Support pilot installations in the field
- Support Commercial Team in customer project formulation (proposals/bids) and RFI responses, project delivery, and execution of new commercial projects from the Electrical Work Package perspective.
Skills and qualifications
- You have a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant background from technical project engineering and an engineering degree.
- Experience in electrical system design, combining high reliability and low-cost volume manufacturing methods.
- Experience from fast-paced development companies is meritorious.
- You have a broad technical knowledge of electrical applications and genuine interest in the different aspects of ocean and/or renewable energy and technical development.
- Knowledge and exposure to at least three areas of power systems, grid compliance (including codes and regulations), power quality, electrical machines and drives, control technology, sensors and actuators, high voltage components and energy storage is highly qualifying.
- Awareness and understanding of wiring schematics and tools, software development, offshore design, product development methods, reliability and certification processes is valuable.
- Experience in using and developing tools such as Levelized Cost of Energy (LCoE) and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) tools is also a plus.
Your personality, experience and interest in the field are the most important and what is most highly valued at CorPower. You are proficient in English, both spoken and written.
As a person:
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and hate to waste time
- You always search for the most simple and elegant solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach ambitious goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
- You are data driven and strive to always back your points with a solid analysis