Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, determined to make big impact. We are on a mission to bring reliable and competitive wave energy to the world. We offer a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global energy transition by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
We are looking for an ambitious person with relevant experience in operational procurement in a complex technical field to join our Supply chain and quality team. Do you want to take a key role in the development of wave energy technology?
- You will support the design team with design reviews where you are responsible for design input on manufacturing, cost, quality, supplier selection and sourcing aspects.
- Your purchasing scope is focused on electrical components and sub-systems, including motors, drives, transformers, switchgear, control hardware, sensors, actuators, cables and connectors. However, as a supply chain team member you will support the entire product development and delivery process, throughout the full project scope when and where needed.
- The scope of responsibility includes the product delivery phases from design release, quotations, purchasing, delivery monitoring, incoming control and quality, stock status and preparation of material work orders for assembly in our machine hall facilities
- You will be responsible for establishing and nurturing the relationship with key suppliers of electrical components and sub-systems
- You will control the supply chain towards time synchronized delivery to project schedule
- You will make cost calculations and run cost improvement projects together with suppliers
- New supplier qualification according to supplier approval process and ISO9001 requirements
- You will continuously develop supplier performance by follow-up, ranking and identifying areas of potential improvements in collaboration with suppliers through audits and meeting
- Consider global sourcing and local content aspects as a natural part of all sourcing work
Skills and qualifications
You have at least three years working experience of strategical and operational purchasing/procurement work, with a degree in relevant discipline. You have experience from industrial machinery and electrical components, preferably for harsh environments, for instance from mining, marine applications or other sectors with similar requirements on design, materials, component certificates, manufacturing, reliability and maintenance optimization. We expect strong negotiations skills with experience from creating agreements and implementing supplier Terms & Conditions. Experience from advanced work in ERP systems is considered qualifying. CorPower uses Monitor ERP. You like to travel and work closely together with suppliers to optimize quality, lead-times and cost drivers. You are highly proficient in business English.
As a person:
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and hate to waste time
- You always search for the most simple and elegant solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach ambitious goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
- You are data driven and strive to always back your points with a solid analysis