Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, determined to make big impact. We are on a mission to bring reliable and competitive wave energy to the world. We offer a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global transition to renewable energy by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
We are now looking for a mechanical service technician to take an important role on the assembly, deployment, and service of our full-scale wave energy converters. This role is based in our Portuguese entity in Viana do Castelo where you will take the main responsibility for all mechanical assembly and service work onshore and offshore.
- Hands-on work with mechanical parts of the wave energy converter, and any other equipment and tooling, utilized during the integration/assembly and service processes.
- Assemble mechanical units from prefabricated parts/components to obtain sub‑assemblies, assemblies or complete units using hand-tools, power-tools, jigs, fixtures, and miscellaneous equipment.
- Execute the service tasks to keep all the mechanical equipment in working condition.
- Follow local and specific safety rules and keep work area safe and in an orderly condition.
- Generate effective and accurate written documents, reports, and technical drawings.
- Work where necessary, with other functions, to assist in achieving overall project objectives.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, with at least 2 years of experience executing mechanical assembly of large/heavy duty equipment.
- Ability to learn and follow complex and specific assembly and service procedures.
- Sufficient computer skills for reporting tests, reading control data and technical drawings.
- Fair knowledge of local rules and safety regulations in shopfloor environment.
- Ability to climb ladders, work in tight spaces and to perform tasks that require standing, kneeling, crouching, and climbing hand over hand.
- Prepared and willing to work in challenging marine outdoor environments.
- Besides your formal training and degree, your personality, experience, and interest in the field, having passion for technology and machines in general is also important.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written (colloquial and technical).
As a person:
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and hate to waste time
- You always search for the most simple and elegant solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach ambitious goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally You are data driven and strive to always back your points with a solid analysis